WPAI AWARDS: Celebrating the best of Indian Wedding Photography
Season 2 ENTRIES OPEN NOW!
Contest is open to both MEMBERS and NON MEMBERS. Members get extra entries – become a member today!
Early birds get extra entries! Submit by Fri, 30 Jun to get 2 extra entries for members and 1 extra entry for non members. (See details in contest entry rules).
WPAI Photo Contests and WPAI Awards are a way to demonstrate your work in front of the toughest critiques in India today; winning a contest is proof of your mettle, and give you righteous bragging rights in the community. Showcase your work in front of your peers and in front of judges who are masters in their field. WPAI Award Winners will be recognized within the community for their commitment to their craft. WPAI contests are open for members and non-members both.
CONTEST JUDGES – SEASON 2
WPAI Contest judges are masters of photography and are invited from across various photographic disciplines to form a collective jury that represent some of the best talent in the world today. These “teaching photographers” have, in the course of their careers, spent a lot of energy helping younger artists discover their potential and grow their craft. As a WPAI judge, these masters will collectively review the images sent as part of the contest. Their decisions and the consequent Award Winning photos will help set the bar for wedding photography in India for years to come.
Sal is an award winning photographer, author, and WPPI platform speaker. Sal’s photographic rankings include statuses as a Master of WPPI and a PPA Photographic Craftsman. He travels the world documenting its clients’ most cherished life moments and his photographic style has been featured in magazines published around the world. His prestige in the industry attracted the White House also, where Sal photographed President Obama. Sal is sought after by brides globally for images that could easily grace the pages of a fashion magazine.
Irina Skripnik is an art, wedding and family photographer based in Ukraine. She started her business back in 2006 and for this time she got WPPI and ISPWP awards and became a photography trainer doing lots of workshops around the Europe. During her career she organized around 1500 photography session, and about 400 of them were weddings. Irina has her well known photography style and organizes amazing art projects. She pays lots of attention to coloristics and high-end post processing.
Anita Khemka is an English Literature graduate and began photographing in 1996. She is currently HOD of Photography at Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts & Communication, Delhi. Her oeuvre has largely been defined by social documentary work — people living with HIV, the mentally challenged, sexual minorities and her career documenting social issues for the United Nations spanned over fifteen years. Her work dealing with alternate sexuality was been made into a German film, Between the Lines – India’s Third Gender (2005).
ABOUT WPAI AWARDS
- WPAI Awards are an industry photography recognition and rewarding system which recognises excellence in Indian Wedding Photography.
- WPAI Awards are awarded to photographs that our judges deem exceptional in their originality and/or execution. Only a limited number of WPAI Awards will be selected from each contest. If your image is selected as a WPAI Award, it will be added to the Awards Gallery and appear on your profile.
- Contests will be judged by a rotating panel of jury members every quarter. These judges are well known photographers who are amongst the top of their fields, and have years of experience behind them.
- There could be multiple judges per contest; judges will be mentioned and indicated beforehand.
- Judges will not have visibility to the photographer name; all they see are the images.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
CURRENT CONTEST RULES
- WPAI Contests are open to ALL. However, if you are not a WPAI member the number of entries you can submit will be restricted (more details below). We encourage you to register for WPAI membership to take full advantage of the contest and to increase your chances of winning.
- Images entered for previous WPAI Contests are not permitted, including reworked images.
- Contest entries must be submitted electronically via the WPAI Contests Entry Page. No other form of entry will be entertained.
- Images should be from WEDDINGS ONLY (this includes pre-wedding and post-wedding portraiture).
- Images produced on or during photographic workshops/seminars are not permitted.
- Images that contain guns, weapons, violence, nudity, or that are in poor taste may be disqualified. The WPAI steering committee will use its discretion to remove such entries.
- Metadata will be checked. WPAI reserves the right to demand RAW file of the image for validation purposes.
- Photographs that have been knowingly or sub consciously plagiarized will be disqualified. Copying or emulating a pose style or concept is not considered plagiarism. Copying a photograph where all or 90% of the elements are exactly the same (i.e. subject matter, pose, location, concept, crop, finishing etc.) may be considered plagiarism if not enough elements are considered different.
- Only single images may be entered. Sequential shots and collages are not allowed.
- You must follow the acceptable image guidelines below.
- No object should be added to image in post-production.
- Composites made from multiple images in post-processing are NOT allowed.
- Multiple exposures in camera are allowed. Post processed ones are NOT allowed.
- No logos, no writings, no borders are allowed on your images.
- You must be the original artist and copyright owner for the image. Images taken by second shooters or studio assistants are NOT allowed.
- An Individual can win only ONE AWARD PER CATEGORY.
- By entering, the photographer acknowledges that they have permission from the clients to exhibit the images.
- Entrants agree that any entered image may be used by the WPAI in any of their printed material, publications or electronic media for the promotion of the association and it’s members.
- Any entries which do not conform to the rules will be withdrawn.
- Any image which has already won a major award or title from any other Professional Photographic organisation is also permitted
- Deadline for all entries: Midnight, 31st August 2017. All entries received after this period will be disqualified.
- Information above is correct at time of publication – the WPAI reserve the right to amend any of the above without notice
ENTRY LIMITS FOR MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS
RULES FOR MEMBERS
- You are allowed a maximum of 18 entries, as per the details below.
- Early bird: Submit by Fri, 30 Jun to get 2 extra entries = total 20 entries. You are open to pick any category(s) to accommodate these extra entries.
- The contest allows 9 categories, and you can submit a maximum of two images per category. (Except for Early birds, who get to submit a 2 extra entries apart from these 18 entries)
- A single image cannot be entered in multiple categories.
- If you enter more than 18 (20 for early birds) images, the images beyond the 18th (20th for early birds) will not be considered.
- The contest is for individual photographers. If you work as part of a team – please submit images of which you are the original creator.
RULES FOR NON-MEMBERS
- You are allowed a maximum of 4 entries (=4 photos), as per the details below. Register NOW to become a WPAI member to be able to submit more images and to increase your chances of winning.
- Early bird: Submit by Fri, 30 Jun to get 1 extra entry = total 5 entries. You are open to pick any category to accommodate this extra entry.
- The contest allows 9 categories, and you can submit a maximum of two images per category. (Except for Early birds, who get to submit a 1 extra entry apart from these 4 entries)
- You are open to pick any combination of categories for 4 (5 for early birds) entries.
Example: 1 image each in four categories or 2 images in one category and 1 each in other two categories or 2 images each in two categories etc.
- A single (= the same) image cannot be entered in multiple categories.
- If you enter more than 4 (5 for early birds) images, the images beyond the 4th (5th for early birds) will not be considered.
- If your images win any of the category awards, you will be automatically approved for WPAI membership for one year. Details in the “Winning The Contest” section below.
- Artistic B&W: Black and white as you see it.
- Layers: The viewers attention here. Or here. Or here. So much happening!
- Vibrant colour: When you see the world in RGB.
- Celebration: The word says it all.
- Moments: A tear. A laugh. You saw it. You captured it.
- Portraiture: When you go all out for that perfect shot.
- Details: Things that only photographers see.
- Off-beat: You think differently. Show us how!
- Spaces: Using landscapes to your advantage.
WINNING THE CONTEST
Each category will have 3 winning entries. All winning photos will be showcased on the WPAI Awards Gallery and on our social media channels. Winning a WPAI contest is testament to the quality and skill of the photographer; WPAI contests do not carry cash prizes, but may come with certain benefits that will be announced before each contest as applicable. WPAI Award winners will be eligible to carry the “WPAI Award” badge on their winning entries.
Contest winning photos from non-members will be subject to the following process:
- Photographers who are currently not members and win a WPAI Award will automatically be approved for membership for a period of one year. Applicable membership fees at the time of winning for the first year will also be waived.
- Non-member contest winners will mandatorily have to complete the membership on-boarding process immediately (grace period of 15 days) to be eligible for the Award.
- Non-member contest winners will thereafter receive full membership benefits that are currently available to WPAI members.
- Membership fees as applicable will be due only during renewal after one year.
ENTER THE CONTEST
- Images to be submitted with the following settings:
- Format: JPEG
- Size: Long side 2500px (So if your image is a portrait or a landscape, the longer side should be 2500 pixels)
- Quality: 100% JPEG
- No borders, no watermarks, no text.
- The WPAI has partnered with judgify.me – an online award management system – for award submission.
- Please click on the button below to submit the images. Email us at email@example.com if you made a mistake and we will help you out.
- When your image is uploaded you will automatically receive an email confirmation of your reference number.
- WPAI Awards Fees: Submissions to the WPAI awards are currently at no charge.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Contest, each entrant grants the WPAI a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use the submitted images to promote the WPAI and its members through the organisation’s public websites and email communications. The WPAI may seek the photographer’s permission to publish the Contest-winning images in newsletters, books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, or other media. Entrants retain all other rights in the submitted images.
ENTRANTS: (1) ACKNOWLEDGE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREE TO ADHERE TO AND BE BOUND BY THEM, AND (2) RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE WPAI AND THEIR PAST AND PRESENT DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, ASSIGNS, AND SUCCESSORS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEBTS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, OBLIGATIONS, COSTS, FEES, EXPENSES, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, OF EVERY NATURE, CHARACTER AND DESCRIPTION (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) ANY HUMAN, TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING OR OTHER ERROR RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ERRORS THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY CONTEST–RELATED MATERIALS; (B) LATE, LOST, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE OR DAMAGED ENTRIES; (C) THE QUALITY OF THE PUBLISHED IMAGES; (D) THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE WPAI; OR (E) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR TERMINATED.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT EXPRESSLY AGREES TO AT ALL TIMES DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY THE WPAI FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS) THAT: (A) ANY SUBMITTED IMAGE INFRINGES ON SUCH THIRD PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; AND (B) THAT ANY SUBMITTED IMAGE WAS PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE SUBJECT(S) IN SUCH IMAGE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
1. THE WPAI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
To the extent that the Contest is offered and administered through the Internet, the WPAI website, and through e-mail, the WPAI shall not be responsible or liable if the Internet, any website, or e-mail, is not capable of properly functioning, for any reason, nor shall the WPAI be responsible or liable for, nor do the WPAI make any representations or warranties regarding: (1) infection of the entrant’s computer or other electronic device by computer virus(es) or other malicious code, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of the WPAI which corrupts or affects the security, integrity, or proper administration of the Contest; and (2) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, faulty transmission or communication, provider failure(s), destruction, or unauthorized access to any Contest activities conducted or information transmitted via the Internet; (3) any technical malfunction of any networks, telephone lines, cable networks, cable lines, on-line Contest upload systems, servers, equipment, or software; (4) any failure to timely receive an entry due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, phone, DSL, or cable lines, or any combination thereof; and (5) any injury or damage to a Contest entrant’s computer or peripheral equipment or software related to or resulting from participation in the Contest.
2. The WPAI reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time for fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond their reasonable control that impairs the integrity of the Contest (or a portion thereof), as determined by WPAI in its sole discretion. The WPAI also reserves the right to revoke the prize of any entrant, at any time prior to the publication of such prize-winning image, if in the WPAI’s judgment, the entrant acts in a manner that is offensive, harassing, threatening, repugnant, or otherwise unsuitable for the purposes of the Contest or the reputations of the WPAI. The WPAI Photo Contest is conducted in the English language only.
The WPAI Awards is proud to announce Judgify as our technology partner. Judgify is an online judging system designed to empower awards organizers around the world to setup awards and competitions with ease.