Celebrating the best of Indian Wedding Photography
Season 3 ENTRIES NOW OPEN!
WPAI Awards are a way to demonstrate your work in front of the toughest critiques in India today; winning a contest is proof of your mettle, and give you righteous bragging rights in the community. Showcase your work in front of your peers and in front of judges who are masters in their field. WPAI Award Winners will be recognized within the community for their commitment to their craft. WPAI awards are open for members and non-members both.
WPAI Awards JUDGES – SEASON 3
WPAI awards judges are masters of photography and are invited from across various photographic disciplines to form a collective jury that represent some of the best talent in the world today. These “teaching photographers” have, in the course of their careers, spent a lot of energy helping younger artists discover their potential and grow their craft. As a WPAI judge, these masters will collectively review the images sent as part of the contest. Their decisions and the consequent Award Winning photos will help set the bar for wedding photography in India for years to come.
Erika and Lanny Mann make TWO MANN STUDIOS. Together, they bring a unique and highly sought-after style of documentary photography to wedding celebrations all over the world. Based out of the Canadian Rockies, they travel throughout Canada and abroad, specializing in artistic, documentary wedding photography. Their goal is bold and simple; to tell a story through images and albums that will blow minds.
Most recently named a prestigious Top Ten Fearless Photographer, Brian consistently places at the top of the wedding world’s most competitive contests from Junebug Weddings, Fearless Photographers, ISPWP, MyWed, SLR Lounge and more. His work has appeared in National Geographic, People, US Weekly, Inside Weddings, Architectural Digest, Brides, Town & Country and Flaunt Magazine.
After completing my course in Art Design and Communication from RMIT University in Melbourne – Australia, Anushka returned to her roots in India where she continued her education in photography. Shortly after that she began her career as one of the youngest photographers to work in the Indian Fashion and Beauty industry. From then on it has been a spectacular journey shooting for the country’s top publications and brands, and extending her portfolio to include the international market.
Cafa is a wedding photographer based in Toronto. He records marriage moments from a special “Cafa” angle, and create love memories with passion. He has won some awards of PWPC, ISPWP and FEARLESS in the first three years of his career. he is not a story-maker, but a story-teller, telling the love stories in an artistically way. Photography is much more than a job for him. The camera helps him meet amazing couples in the world and he loves it.
ABOUT WPAI AWARDS
- WPAI Awards are an industry photography recognition and rewarding system which recognises excellence in Indian Wedding Photography.
- WPAI Awards are awarded to photographs that our judges deem exceptional in their originality and/or execution. Only a limited number of WPAI Awards will be selected from each season. If your image is selected as a WPAI Award, it will be added to the Awards Gallery and appear on your profile.
- WPAI awards will be judged by a rotating panel of jury members every quarter. These judges are well known photographers who are amongst the top of their fields, and have years of experience behind them.
- There could be multiple judges per season; judges will be mentioned and indicated beforehand.
- Judges will not have visibility to the photographer name; all they see are the images.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
WPAI MASTER AWARD / GRAND MASTER AWARD
- All photos that win WPAI Awards are eligible for photographer ranking that will ultimately decide the WPAI Master.
- Read more about the road to the WPAI Master Award here.
WPAI AWARDS SEASON 3
The panel of judges will review the photos and and assign a score to each photo.
- The highest ranking photo in each category will be awarded a WPAI Gold Award
- The second and third highest ranking photo in each category will be awarded a WPAI Silver Award
- The photographer with the highest total ranking, across categories, will be awarded the WPAI Platinum Award
- In effect, there will be a total of 22 award winning photos (1 Platinum, 7 Gold, 14 Silver)
All winning photos will be showcased on the WPAI Awards Gallery and on our social media channels. Winning a WPAI award is testament to the quality and skill of the photographer; WPAI Award winners will be eligible to carry the “WPAI Award” badge on their winning entries. In addition, there are more fabulous prizes to be won:
- The WPAI Platinum award winner will take home the grand prize, a Fujifilm XT2 kit worth INR 1,50,000, plus the WPAI Platinum Trophy along with a certification of the award from the WPAI. In addition, the Platinum award winner will also win a 3 years subscription to Eventila Pro worth INR 60,000.
- Photographers who win a WPAI Gold Award will be awarded a WPAI Gold Trophy along with a certification of the award from the WPAI.
- Photographers who win a WPAI Silver Award will be awarded a certification of the award from the WPAI.
- Non-members of the WPAI who win any award will also be eligible to a full year’s membership to the WPAI without any pre-approvals.
WPAI MASTER and WPAI GRAND MASTER Points
All WPAI Award winners will accumulate the following points that will decide the WPAI Master.
- WPAI Platinum Award: 10 masters points
- WPAI Gold Award: 5 masters points
- WPAI Silver Award: 3 masters points
(The next WPAI Master will be the photographer with the maximum points at the end of Season 6. More details here).
- WPAI Awards are open to ALL. However, However, members get concessions on the entry fees. See more details below.
- Images entered for previous WPAI awards (but did not win) are permitted
- Entries must be submitted electronically via the WPAI awards Entry Page. No other form of entry will be entertained.
- Entries are to be bundled in a .ZIP file smaller than 25 MB.
- Images should be from WEDDINGS ONLY (this includes pre-wedding and post-wedding portraiture).
- Images produced on or during photographic workshops/seminars are not permitted.
- Images that contain guns, weapons, violence, nudity, or that are in poor taste may be disqualified. The WPAI steering committee will use its discretion to remove such entries.
- Metadata will be checked. WPAI reserves the right to demand RAW file of the image for validation purposes.
- Photographs that have been knowingly or sub consciously plagiarized will be disqualified. Copying or emulating a pose style or concept is not considered plagiarism. Copying a photograph where all or 90% of the elements are exactly the same (i.e. subject matter, pose, location, concept, crop, finishing etc.) may be considered plagiarism if not enough elements are considered different.
- Only single images may be entered. Sequential shots and collages are not allowed.
- You must follow the acceptable image guidelines below.
- No object should be added to image in post-production.
- Composites made from multiple images in post-processing are NOT allowed.
- Multiple exposures in camera are allowed. Post processed ones are NOT allowed.
- No logos, no writings, no borders are allowed on your images.
- You must be the original artist and copyright owner for the image. Images taken by second shooters or studio assistants are NOT allowed.
- An Individual can win only ONE AWARD PER CATEGORY.
- By entering, the photographer acknowledges that they have permission from the clients to exhibit the images.
- Entrants agree that any entered image may be used by the WPAI in any of their printed material, publications or electronic media for the promotion of the association and it’s members. Due credit, of course, will be given to the photographer.
- Any entries which do not conform to the rules will be withdrawn.
- Any image which has already won a major award or title from any other Professional Photographic organisation is also permitted
- Submissions start Fri, 31 August and deadline for all entries: Midnight, 20th September 2018. All entries received after this period will be disqualified.
- Information above is correct at time of publication – the WPAI reserve the right to amend any of the above without notice
ENTRY LIMITS AND FEES FOR MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS
ENTRY LIMITS (MEMBERS + NON MEMBERS)
- You are allowed a maximum of 21 entries, as per the details below.
- WPAI awards allows 7 categories, and you can submit a maximum of three images per category.
- A single image cannot be entered in multiple categories.
- WPAI awards is for individual photographers. If you work as part of a team – please submit images of which you are the original creator.
ENTRY FEES (MEMBERS)
- Members can enter 7 images (out of the limit of 21) FREE.
- Extra submissions will be against an entry fee of INR 400 per image (inclusive of GST).
ENTRY FEES (NON MEMBERS)
- Non-members do not get any free entries, but can still upload 21 images.
- Each submission will be against an entry fee of INR 400 per image (inclusive of GST).
WPAI Awards CATEGORIES:
- Artistic B&W: Black and white as you see it.
- Layers: The viewers attention here. Or here. Or here. So much happening!
- Vibrant colour: When you see the world in RGB.
- Celebration: The word says it all.
- Moments: A tear. A laugh. You saw it. You captured it.
- Portraiture: When you go all out for that perfect shot.
- Details: Things that only photographers see.
ENTER THE CONTEST
- Images to be submitted with the following settings:
- Format: JPEG
- Size: Long side 2500px (So if your image is a portrait or a landscape, the longer side should be 2500 pixels)
- Quality: 100% JPEG
- No borders, no watermarks, no text.
- Please click on the button below to submit the images.
- You will need to select how many images you want to submit (please plan this beforehand!), for which the tool will calculate your total entry fees.
- You will then be taken to the payment checkout page for payment (online payment only, all major credit and debit cards will be accepted).
- When your images are uploaded you will automatically receive an email confirmation of your submission.
HELP / QUESTIONS
For all queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (email support only) and we will be glad to help you out. Please expect a response time of 12 hours.
WPAI Awards TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Contest, each entrant grants the WPAI a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use the submitted images to promote the WPAI and its members through the organisation’s public websites and email communications. The WPAI may seek the photographer’s permission to publish the Contest-winning images in newsletters, books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, or other media. Entrants retain all other rights in the submitted images.
ENTRANTS: (1) ACKNOWLEDGE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREE TO ADHERE TO AND BE BOUND BY THEM, AND (2) RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE WPAI AND THEIR PAST AND PRESENT DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, ASSIGNS, AND SUCCESSORS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEBTS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, OBLIGATIONS, COSTS, FEES, EXPENSES, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, OF EVERY NATURE, CHARACTER AND DESCRIPTION (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) ANY HUMAN, TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING OR OTHER ERROR RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ERRORS THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY CONTEST–RELATED MATERIALS; (B) LATE, LOST, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE OR DAMAGED ENTRIES; (C) THE QUALITY OF THE PUBLISHED IMAGES; (D) THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE WPAI; OR (E) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR TERMINATED.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT EXPRESSLY AGREES TO AT ALL TIMES DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY THE WPAI FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND DISBURSEMENTS) THAT: (A) ANY SUBMITTED IMAGE INFRINGES ON SUCH THIRD PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; AND (B) THAT ANY SUBMITTED IMAGE WAS PUBLISHED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE SUBJECT(S) IN SUCH IMAGE.
All payments made towards the contest are non-refundable. All cases of payment or transaction failure are between the card holder and the bank only, WPAI will not be responsible for any lost or stuck transactions.
- The overall winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 5 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- WPAI reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
1. THE WPAI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
To the extent that the Contest is offered and administered through the Internet, the WPAI website, and through e-mail, the WPAI shall not be responsible or liable if the Internet, any website, or e-mail, is not capable of properly functioning, for any reason, nor shall the WPAI be responsible or liable for, nor do the WPAI make any representations or warranties regarding: (1) infection of the entrant’s computer or other electronic device by computer virus(es) or other malicious code, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of the WPAI which corrupts or affects the security, integrity, or proper administration of the Contest; and (2) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, faulty transmission or communication, provider failure(s), destruction, or unauthorized access to any Contest activities conducted or information transmitted via the Internet; (3) any technical malfunction of any networks, telephone lines, cable networks, cable lines, on-line Contest upload systems, servers, equipment, or software; (4) any failure to timely receive an entry due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, phone, DSL, or cable lines, or any combination thereof; and (5) any injury or damage to a Contest entrant’s computer or peripheral equipment or software related to or resulting from participation in the Contest.
2. The WPAI reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest at any time for fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond their reasonable control that impairs the integrity of the Contest (or a portion thereof), as determined by WPAI in its sole discretion. The WPAI also reserves the right to revoke the prize of any entrant, at any time prior to the publication of such prize-winning image, if in the WPAI’s judgment, the entrant acts in a manner that is offensive, harassing, threatening, repugnant, or otherwise unsuitable for the purposes of the Contest or the reputations of the WPAI. The WPAI Photo Contest is conducted in the English language only.