Membership to the WPAI is currently open.
WPAI membership is open to Professional Photographers shooting weddings in India. We encourage all photographers to apply for membership. The selection process is a stringent one and helps ensure that WPAI members meet the requirements for experience, talent, integrity and professionalism. Please read and understand following rules carefully before applying for membership.
MEMBERSHIP RULES AND CRITERIA
- Membership is for individuals, not groups, businesses, studios or teams. While we understand and appreciate the team coverage approach to Indian wedding photography, it’s important for the WPAI to be able to identify and review the image portfolio of the individual applying for membership. Membership is open for both photographers and film-makers.
- Experience Required: Applicant must have shot at least 20 weddings as lead photographer. Weddings shot as a tag-along, second, or backup photographer do not count.
- Business Presence: WPAI recommends applicants to have a fully functional website in his or her own domain (or in the name of your own business). This is optional but highly recommended.
- Full weddings in portfolio: Applicant should have at least 5 different wedding galleries displayed on his or her website. During the application process, we may ask for links to some of these galleries.
- Professionalism: Applicants must agree to operate in accordance with the WPAI Code of Conduct. The standards of practice in the Code of Conduct protect both the photographer and the client, and provides assurance to the client that they are dealing with an ethical professional with the highest standards.
If you fit the above criteria, please click on the button below to apply for membership.